Welcome to
The Bells and Ringing at Walgrave and Scaldwell.


St. Peter's Church, Church Lane, Walgrave. Northamptonshire. NN6 9QH.

Bell ringing practice at Walgrave : 

1st, 3rd, and 5th. Tuesday, 

7.30pm. to 9.00pm.

~~~~~

  • 5 Bells. Ground floor ringing area.
  • Treble. 1867. John Taylor & Co.                            (6-3-9).
  • 2nd.      1723. Thomas Russell of Wootton.       (6-2-23).
  • 3rd.       1723. Thomas Russell of Wootton.       (8-1-12).
  • 4th.       1766. Joseph Eayre of St.Neots.             (11-0-3).
  • Tenor.  1723. Thomas Russell of Wootton. (Wt.13-2-8).


  • Rope Guides & spider.
  • Clock and chimes.
  • Sanctus bell, c1410. John De Colsale.
  • Toilet facilities.
  • On-street car parking. Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church.
  • Benefice:- Walgrave with Hannington & Wold & Scaldwell.
  • Walgrave is the most easterly location in the Guilsborough Branch.
  • The spire was rebuilt c1867.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Accessibility to Church.

Slightly inclined paving-slab path up to south door from lane, followed by two shallow steps down into nave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Earlier Bells.

  • In 1878, 5 bells were recorded at Walgrave.
  • The earlier treble was re-cast by John Taylor & Co. in 1867.
  • The tenor was re-cast by Thomas Russell in 1723 from a much earlier bell, dated 1494. 
  • (further research is required).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Village amenities include :-
Post office.
Public house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








© 2018 Walgrave and Scaldwell Bells. 
Community Web Kit provided free by BT